Response to COVID – 19 Restrictions
IMPLEMENTING OUR WORKING FROM HOME PLAN
All of our staff have adapted their roles and projects and are now working from home. This will remain effective until such time the Government announces any changes that would allow us to recommence our daily services.
Most importantly, we are still here for you, continuing to provide ongoing support.
Staying connected and responding to your needs:
Whilst we are unable to be there physically for you, or through the normal support means that we provide to our survivors, carers, families, staff and volunteers, you will still be supported in a variety of ways. These supports will allow us all to feel as connected to each other as we can, during this time of social isolation. We will:
- Create an individual telephone contact support plan – as to how often you want contacted and we will keep this under review
- If you need or could avail of any other local support services during this time, we will let you know what is available and support you to access these
- Texts and email
- Video conferencing apps such as Google meet, Zoom, FaceTime and Skype. Please don’t worry you will be talked through the process of downloading the conference apps and how to work them
- Should you require it, we can lend you ‘a tablet’, which we will get set it up and delivered to you, so you access these services and also use it to connect with family and friends
- Contacting us - you can still call us on the same phone numbers. Our office number (028 30833728) calls will be diverted to the Manager Anne or continue to use the 2 Head Injury Support mobile numbers and the same email address
- Our Outreach Groups and Newry Centre teams will be providing services/sessions via telephone calls/video calls
- If you are interested we can send you artist materials and ongoing activity sheets